Should Medical Marijuana be legalized?

On the street, what do they call it now, "weed?" Over the years it's been known as grass, reefer, Mary Jane, pot, and if put in a big cigar, a blunt.

Marijuana use starts early, between 12 and 17 years old. Usually because of peer pressure or curiosity, kids will try it, according to the National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse at Columbia University.

For the past 40 years, many young people have thought that smoking pot was no big deal. You take it for fun, to relax, chill out. Many parents of today's kids, who may have used the drug when they were young, don't want their children to use. But they have convinced themselves that "weed" is relatively "safe" and certainly not as bad as heroin and cocaine. Those drugs, they say, can make you a homeless junkie.

But straight up people, marijuana is illegal. You can go to jail. See story .

1 comment:

Colingwood said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. medical marijuana doctor los angeles